Neck Pain? We Can Help!
Contributed by Ira “Sam” Manalo, PT, DPT
With more people spending time working from home in front of computers, there have been more reports of neck pain. In the last few months, have you:
- Woken up with a “kink” in your neck?
- Had trouble turning your head while driving?
- Experienced any headaches coming from the base of your neck?
If you answered yes to any of these of these questions, try this simple screen to see if PT can help. It only takes 30 seconds!
- Look up
- Look down
- Look over your left shoulder
- Look over your right shoulder
- Move your right ear towards your right shoulder
- Move your left ear towards your left shoulder
If you experience neck pain with any of the above movements, we can help! Here’s a few possible options of what is causing your neck pain:
- Neck pain or tightness with looking up or down is frequently due to arthritic changes in the joints of your neck.
- If you have any issues turning your head or bending your neck to the side, tightness and spasms through your neck and shoulder muscles could be the reason.
- If none of those movements increased or reproduced your pain, that means that your neck is moving the way it should, but the source your neck pain is coming from somewhere else. Most likely, your pain is coming from your upper back or the muscles around your shoulder blades.
No matter which of the above statements describes you best, physical therapy is an effective and conservative treatment for neck pain. We perform an in depth evaluation to find the cause of your neck pain and provide you with an individualized treatment plan to help you reach your goals and live pain free!