Throughout June, we are happy to celebrate Men’s Health Month and encourage men of all ages to take control of their health by implementing healthy choices. Why is this so important to us? We all have men in our lives that we care about and the health statistics specific to men are staggering.
According to the CDC:
- The top three causes of death in men are heart disease, cancer, and COVID-19
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men in the United States, killing 357,761 men in 2019—that’s about 1 in every 4 male deaths
- Women are twice as likely to go to the doctor for both annual wellness checks and to address a medical concern
- 51.9% of men aged 20 and over have hypertension (measured high blood pressure and/or taking antihypertensive medication)
- 40.5% of men aged 20 and over are considered obese
- 30.9% of men aged 18 and over report having five or more alcoholic drinks in one day at least once in the past year
- Only 27.3% of men aged 18 and over met the federal physical activity guidelines
So, we want to challenge all the guys to Get Up & Go!
Get Up & Go to the Doctor!
Get Up & Go Exercise!
Get Up & Go Eat Healthy!
Get Up & Go Outside!
If you have questions about safe exercise, a nagging injury, and don’t want to contribute to the statistics above, we can help.